Thursday, April 18, 2013

THE Most DELICIOUS Grilled Cheese

Roasted Cauliflower, Onion Grilled Cheese
I was watching the Today show one morning and they had a professional chef fancying up normal day to day recipes... I was busy playing with the kiddos, so I didn't catch the recipe, I just heard her say "You've got to try this roasted cauliflower grilled cheese", and I thought... brilliant! I must try this!
So here's what I put together, which turned out to be the most flavorful grilled cheese I've ever had!

Ingredients:
1/2 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into small florets
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp dried rosemary 
dash of garlic powder
1/2 small onion, diced
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
sliced mozzarella/white cheddar cheese
shredded mozzarella & parmasean cheese
olive oil
bread (any kind)
spinach leaves

Directions:
~First you need to roast your cauliflower. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wash and cut your cauliflower and cover with coconut oil, rosemary and garlic powder in a small bowl.  Layer on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pop in the over for 20 mins.
~While the cauliflower is roasting, saute your onions in melted butter. Once they are caramelized, add the balsamic vinegar and saute a bit longer. Once the cauliflower was done, I added it to the pan and sauteed a few more minutes with the onion to give it more flavor, adding a dash more garlic powder.
~Now, the art of grilling your sandwich! Butter each side of your bread... (with my high needs family, I actually had to use 3 different types of bread! Gluten free for Adam, Ezekiel for Caleb (no soy), and Wheat bread for me.) Add some olive oil on a heated pan (medium/low heat)... throw on your bread and build! Add sliced cheese, layer on cauliflower and onions, sprinkle with shredded cheese, add a few leaves of spinach and top with your second piece of bread and grill!
ENJOY! Simply delightful, and fancy :)
Caleb's first bite... he gobbled it right up!

NOTE: We made these again tonight, and this time added organic, nitrate(ite) free bacon... AMAZING! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment