Thursday, April 18, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Lasagna Soup!

When thinking about a new dinner idea, I looked in my fridge for some ingredients and inspiration... I had: Chicken, homemade chicken broth, and veggies I knew I wanted to use. So I began looking up different recipes and decided to modify a few crockpot lasagna recipes I saw to create this amazing soup! This recipe is naturally soy free, and can easily be made dairy free (just don't add the cheese), and gluten free if you use gluten free pasta! I just threw things in there, so hopefully I can accurately duplicate it for you... here it is:

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breast
3 cups of chicken broth
4 tsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green/red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup of spinach (i used frozen)
1 roma tomato, diced
28 oz organic crushed tomatoes
6 oz organic tomato paste
3 T riccota cheese- optional (doesn't need it if you want dairy free)
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup water
2 cup of pasta- uncooked (we used gluten free)
Shredded mozz cheese to top


Directions:
~Place all ingredients, except water and pasta, in the slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. During the last 30 minutes, add your water and uncooked pasta and let cook another half hour, until pasta is cooked. Serve, and top with cheese if desired. ENJOY!

Freeze:
~This is also an easy recipe to freeze and save/share. Just leave out the pasta and water, and combine all the ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. When ready to eat, plop in slow cooker and follow directions above.

No comments:

Post a Comment